What does SERM mean?
Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM) is a set of steps aimed at managing brand reputation on the Internet. After completing these steps, potential customers stop finding negative mentions of the business on online resources. At the same time, the company gains customer trust and sees increased interest in its products or services.
Types of SERM
Online corporate reputation management is based on preventing, correcting, or exposing negative information on the Web.
Bad reviews are unlikely to appear if the company begins using SERM as early as possible (ideally from the day it’s founded). Currently, online reputation management pricing is more than affordable for both medium and small businesses. Here are some common ways to avoid negative reviews:
- constantly improve the quality of service;
- regularly monitor brand mentions online;
- conduct customer surveys to identify factors that prompted them to buy a product or order a service, or, on the contrary, prevented them from doing so.
When a business doesn’t think about online reputation, over time, negative posts about it or its products begin to pop up on third-party websites. Regardless of whether they’re written by competitors or real customers, such negativity needs thorough correction. To avoid even more harm to the reputation, you should do it wisely. To quickly and effectively get rid of negativity online, consider applying for Google reputation management services at FIVE MEDIA.
Some negative reviews raise more questions than others because they describe goods or services the company doesn’t sell or provide. The hardest thing in such situations is to prove to the community that this is a fake. If you’re faced with something similar, reach out to us – we’ll restore your business’s reputation.
Platforms we work with
After you apply for SERM services at FIVE MEDIA, we promptly go through and neutralize negative reviews about the business. We process:
- regional and national news sites;
- thematic forums;
- online portals;
- review sites;
- personal and thematic blogs;
- pages and groups in social networks.
Be it a review website, news portal, or social media, online reputation management will boost your company’s image anywhere.
Why you can’t ignore bad reviews
When a user sees unanswered negative reviews about a company, they’re more likely to think, “You’re not responding because you can’t refute what’s been said.” Although, the company probably has something to answer, it doesn’t know what SERM is and never monitors its reputation. If you don’t respond to negativity online, keep in mind that the lack of an answer is regarded as confirmation of this negativity.
What online reputation management cost depends on
Typically, the client pays monthly, and the prices are calculated individually for the business. Several factors affect the cost. For instance:
- project size;
- the goal you want to achieve by ordering this service;
- the ratio of negative, neutral, and positive feedback;
- the intensity of negativity in the company’s niche, the toxicity of the target audience.
Call +38 (098) 693-07-44 to learn more about our online reputation management packages and order one for your business.
How to choose a SERM company
A sloppy online reputation management strategy will at best bring no results; at worst, it will aggravate the situation. You can distinguish a reliable SERM agency from mediocre firms by the following features:
- Successful cases. If there’s none on the company’s website, ask the agency managers to send them by mail. Consider that SERM is a service where customers prefer not to disclose such information.
- A detailed plan of action. Once you begin cooperating, a reliable SERM agency will present a detailed strategy to manage your business’s reputation.
- Good reputation. It’s absurd when a company that deals with online reputation management has a lot of negative reviews.
- Realistic forecasts. After studying your business, good reputation managers can predict when the goal will be achieved.