What does contextual advertising mean?
Every time you see ads in the form of text, graphics, video, or product blocks on the Internet, you’re dealing with contextual or PPC advertising. These ads are shown to users based on their search query, activity on websites, and interests. They’re displayed on Google search results pages, partner sites, in mobile applications, YouTube videos, etc.
Types of contextual advertising for websites
Here are the main types of contextual advertising:
- Search engine advertising Text and links displayed on search results pages. PPC search engine internet marketing is based on it.
- Display Network (DN). Often referred to as “banner ads,” these advertisements are displayed as graphics on websites and mobile applications.
- Shopping campaigns. A block with a photo, name, and price of the product displayed on the Google search results page..
- Video advertising. Video inserts shown when watching videos on YouTube and video players on partners’ websites.
Search engine website advertising
Объявления поисковой контекстной рекламы отображаются вверху и внизу выдачи Гугла. Состоят из заголовка, клик по которому направляет на рекламируемую A PPC search engine ad is displayed at the top and bottom of a Google search results page. It’s a headline that directs to the advertised page and some ad text. Sometimes it includes other elements, such as links, physical addresses, phone numbers, or reviews.
Search engine ads match a user’s search query and show up after the user types certain keywords in the Google search bar.
Setting up Google Ads remarketing
Remarketing is a form of advertising by which ads are shown to users who have already visited the website or performed a targeted action on it. Correct remarketing increases conversions, saves budget, and raises company awareness.
Google PPC services include a variety of options for remarketing. The main ones are:
Standard — ads are displayed on Display Network websites;
Dynamic — ads are displayed on DN sites in the form of a banner with a specific product the user was interested in earlier;
Search engine — ads are shown in search results;
Video marketing — video ads on YouTube.
Display Network (DN)
The Display Network is a network of online resources and mobile applications that can display ads. In addition to partner sites, it also includes Google services: YouTube, Gmail, Play Store, and others. Advertising formats in the Display Network: text, static or animated images, videos.
The main tasks the DN solves are raising brand awareness and increasing traffic and conversion rate. Display networks are often used for remarketing and displaying banner ads.
Video ad displays visual content of varying duration on YouTube and Google partner websites. TrueView Video Discovery ads are shown as separate clips on the YouTube search page, video watch pages, and the home page of the YouTube mobile application.
Video promotion offers brands a more interactive way to tell about themselves or their products, getting more traffic and customers.
5 reasons why you need Google contextual advertising
- Google Ads is a proven tool for lead generation and customer acquisition. From small companies to global brands – everyone uses it to attract the audience.
- Contextual advertising offers the most flexible settings. For example, you can specify the region and time to run ads with max efficiency.
- High return on investment in Google advertising, as it works on the Pay Per Click model.
- The results obtained during the advertising campaign are measurable and amenable to analysis. Your pay-per-click advertising agency can find out how many visitors the ad brought, how many of them performed the targeted action, and how much you spent on it.
- Google advertising only attracts targeted customers. If the user isn’t going to get married, they’ll never see an ad by a wedding agency.
Benefits of contextual advertising
- Fast launch. It usually takes one to two days to set up a PPC ad and launch it.
- Fast results. The first calls and applications will come as soon as advertisements begin to appear in search results or on websites.
- The target audience. Only those users who entered a relevant query in the search bar or performed a certain action online will see your ads.
- Fine tuning. Advertising campaigns are optimized so that ads are displayed only to users who might be interested in them.
The cons of contextual advertising
- Cost per click determines how often your ads are shown in search results or on websites – the higher this price, the better the outcome.
- If a user has an ad blocker installed on their browser, they won’t see the ads.
- Contextual advertising ceases to bring results as soon as the company stops paying for it. And depending on the goals you set for the PPC agency, pricing can be an issue.
FIVE MEDIA – top-quality PPC services
FIVE MEDIA clients who order contextual advertising services choose to stay with us after they see the profits rise in the very first days. This is the feature that has helped us remain a successful business since 2006, despite the economic crises and high competition.
Ukrainian, European, and American brands choose FIVE MEDIA also because not every pay-per-click management agency can offer what we give – instant return on investment and results above expectations. While competitors spend time and resources to keep the client and get them hooked on other services, we keep on doing quality work and help companies achieve the main goal – to get max profit with low costs.