What is web analytics?
Web analytics is the collection, analysis, and reporting of site data in order to understand user behavior and create conditions in which they would perform more targeted actions. The data is collected by analytics tools and services (e.g. Google Analytics). The web analytics services price and the scope of work are determined individually for each company.
Why website analytics is needed
Top reasons brands and companies are doing web analytics:
- A large number of potential customers visit the site but leave without buying anything.
- Visitors view only one or two pages in a short amount of time and leave the site immediately.
- The costs of advertising exceed the profits it generates.
- It is unknown whether the recent marketing channels are effective.
- It is difficult to understand which marketing channels are better to distribute the budget.
Summarizing this information, it’s better to claim that ordering web analytics services is worth it when it is important to get a solution to such issues:
- What’s happening on the site?
- Why is this happening?
- How does this affect the profit of the business?
- What to do on the site to increase profit?
How to collect data for analysis
After analyzing the data we see what actions we need to take to increase profits from the site. The data is collected by analytics services. The most popular of these services are Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica, and others.
Google Analytics is an online platform for collecting information about a site’s audience. Using this service, the company receives data on 200+ indicators that help evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies, site content, interaction with users, etc.
Benefits of Google web analytics services:
- it’s free (if the site has more than 10 million page views per month, you should use the paid service Google Analytics Premium);
- allows you to receive reports on any data and data groups that are monitored;
- it can be integrated with the Google Ads service to collects contextual advertising data;
- stores data on secure Google servers;
- allows you to view information separately for free traffic channels and for paid ones.
For Eastern European countries, we use Yandex.Metrica.It is a free service for accounting visitors of online resources, analyzing their interaction with the site, and evaluating the effectiveness of its performance. Easy installation and configuration, an intuitive interface, the ability to track specific goals made Yandex.Metrica the third most popular tool for analyzing website traffic in the world.
External web analytics systems
You can get data about site visitors and analyze them not only with Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica tools, but also with these services:
- Matomo (Piwik). A free web analytics tool that is installed on the server of a site’s owner. It stores the collected information in this database. 100% privacy is a feature of this web application.
- Open Web Analytics. An open-source application for collecting analytical information on various indicators of an online resource. It has a built-in tool for creating a heatmap of website clicks.
- Sisense. Paid software for data analysis that allows you to display several large groups of this data on interactive dashboards.
- Statcounter. A web service for collecting information about users, tracking ad clicks in Google Ads, and informing about particular users visiting the site.
How much does web analytics services cost?
Depending on the type of business, its size, features of performance, and the purposes of web analytics, the cost of service from a digital analytics consultant FIVE MEDIA is calculated individually for each company. To find out the exact price, call +38 (098) 693-07-44 or write a mail to [email protected].
How to order web analytics
To order web analytics services for an online store, information portal, blog, landing page or other type of site, fill out an application on this page. You can also send a request for this service to [email protected] or talk to the managers of the FIVE MEDIA agency by phone +38 (098) 693-07-44.