What is competitor SEO analysis
SEO analysis of competitors is actions aimed at determining the strengths and weaknesses of competitive sites, the features of their structure and content, strategies for internal and outer optimization. Implementing recommendations from competitors website analysis company helps a business save on ineffective promotion methods, increase traffic and get new customers.
Purpose of competitor SEO analysis
SEO audit of competitors is carried out in order to detect promotion opportunities that were missed or incorrectly applied when promoting your site. The result of the competitor’s research is a report that contains as much information as possible about the rivals’ sites and their promotion methods, as well as personal recommendations. After the implementation of them, the likelihood of getting top positions on SERP, increasing site traffic, and improving user experience noticeably increases. This contributes to a company’s development and profitability.
Benefits of competitor SEO analysis
- Allows you to optimize the site for a competitive environment. SEO analysis of competitors helps to determine what the site should be like, on which visitors will begin to perform as many targeted actions as possible.
- Provides an opportunity to determine the strategy of competitors. When you know exactly how a competitor is promoting a website, it is much easier to develop your own working marketing strategy.
- Determines the growth points of competitors. If SEO analysis determines that filter pages on a competitor’s online store are bringing in a lot of customers, it makes sense to add such pages for your site as well.
- Shows where competitors get links from. Link building is faster and more efficient when a company knows which online resources competitors are linking to and what results they give.
- Helps to estimate the SEO promotion budget. Knowing how much content a competitor creates each month and how many links they buy, it’s easy to calculate the costs of internal and external website optimization.
Disadvantages of competitor SEO analysis
- Analysis of the site’s competitors should be regular. Remember that competitors are also looking for new ways of business development, expanding the functionality of the site, making it better.
- It is important to continuously monitor the link promotion of the opponent. A competing company may start spending large budgets on link placement or do so on highly reputable resources. As a result, your link promotion strategy will need fixing.
- SEO audit does not solve 100% of problems. Always remember about an integrated approach to website development – it gives the most tangible results and helps you easily emerge victorious from competitive wars.